I’ve printed this two-plate etching in several different color combinations, and I think I’ve finally decided which one will make the cut. The plant I drew the image from was mostly violet and white with a little bit of yellow:
I tried printing with colors that were faithful to the plant as I observed it, but I was unhappy with how the color of the paper showed through the darker violet.
I tried changing the color of the paper and using different wiping techniques, but it wasn’t until I tried an altogether different color combination that I declared the print to be finished.
I’ll be editioning the print shortly, and until then I’ve listed an artist’s proof online for sale: Oncidium III.